About the Hot Work Class
Welcome to the Hot Work online class. In this class you will watch video coursework and answer quiz questions as you go. The course will cover everything needed to be certified in hot work. At the end of the course is an exam based on what you have learned. A score of 70% or higher is needed to pass.
Goals of Training
- Understand the principles of Hot Work.
- Explain the types of activities that are classified as Hot Work.
- Explain how to keep a Hot Work site safe.
Objectives of Training
- Identify relevant standards, regulations, and ordinances that are applicable to Hot Work.
- Describe the different forms of Hot Work.
- Describe the four-step protocol for Hot Work Safety.
- Define Hot Work hazards.
- Explain Hot Work safety team roles and responsibilities.
- Describe Hot Work permit requirements.
- Read and Understand a Hot Work Permit.
- What is Hot Work?
- What are the roles of a safety team at a Hot Work site?
- What are the responsibilities of a safety team at a Hot Work site?
- What is the difference between the different Hot Work Sites?
- Who is tasked with issuing Hot Work permits.